Trees bring lifeThe trees you can give through Presentree grow in northern Senegal, a politically stable country in West Africa. More specifically in the Sahel region: this is the transition zone between the Sahara and the savannah. The Sahel has been becoming desert faster and faster over the past centuries. The animals and plants are disappearing and the local population is leaving.
But now we are bringing back these forests! The trees are sown and monitored by Lignaverda and maintained by the local population itself. The fertility of the soil improves significantly and after a few seasons agriculture is again possible. This creates a new economy and increases prosperity enormously. Local residents even migrate back to their native region!
58579 Presentrees are already growing in the desert
Click the green site for more info.
- 25 Sep, Lebbeke 10 trees for Gerd
- 24 Sep, Dilbeek 10 trees for Jordi
- 1 Sep, Zoersel 5 trees for Camille
- 18 Aug 5 trees for Anna
- 7 Aug, Utrecht 50 trees for Jeroen en Wilma
- 4 Aug, Antwerpen 10 trees for Fabrizio
- 29 Jul, Brussel 50 trees for Nancy
- 28 Jul, Ninove 8 trees for Ulrike
- 28 Jul, Antwerpen 25 trees for Alba
- 24 Jul, Leuven 8 trees for Liesbeth
- 17 Jul, Aalst 5 trees for Antoine
- 16 Jul, Boutersem 500 trees for Lieve
- 13 Jul, Anderlecht 10 trees for Manon
- 7 Jul, Murcia 10 trees for Alba