Trees bring lifeThe trees you can give through Presentree grow in northern Senegal, a politically stable country in West Africa. More specifically in the Sahel region: this is the transition zone between the Sahara and the savannah. The Sahel has been becoming desert faster and faster over the past centuries. The animals and plants are disappearing and the local population is leaving.
But now we are bringing back these forests! The trees are sown and monitored by Lignaverda and maintained by the local population itself. The fertility of the soil improves significantly and after a few seasons agriculture is again possible. This creates a new economy and increases prosperity enormously. Local residents even migrate back to their native region!
58955 Presentrees are already growing in the desert
Click the green site for more info.
- 4 Dec, Lisbon 50 trees for 1
- 2 Dec, Antwerpen 50 trees for Katrien
- 29 Nov, Martigues 15 trees for Sébastien
- 29 Nov, Martigues 15 trees for Hugo
- 29 Nov, Martigues 15 trees for Laure & Sébastien
- 29 Nov, Martigues 15 trees for Julie & Quentin
- 29 Nov, Lebbeke 5 trees for Katrijn
- 26 Nov, Leuven 5 trees for Toon
- 14 Nov, Kruibeke 50 trees for Joris
- 12 Nov, Kontich 50 trees for Wim
- 10 Nov, Brussel 10 trees for Laura
- 1 Nov, Lebbeke 10 trees for Frederik
- 24 Oct, Leuven 5 trees for An
- 11 Oct, Antwerpen 25 trees for A:.L:. STEEN