Trees bring lifeThe trees you can give through Presentree grow in northern Senegal, a politically stable country in West Africa. More specifically in the Sahel region: this is the transition zone between the Sahara and the savannah. The Sahel has been becoming desert faster and faster over the past centuries. The animals and plants are disappearing and the local population is leaving.
But now we are bringing back these forests! The trees are sown and monitored by OZG and maintained by the local population itself. The fertility of the soil improves significantly and after a few seasons agriculture is again possible. This creates a new economy and increases prosperity enormously. Local residents even migrate back to their native region!
56590 Presentrees are already growing in the desert
Click the green site for more info.
- 25 Mar, Brussel 10 trees for Michael
- 14 Mar, Beveren 5 trees for Gloria
- 9 Mar, Liège 10 trees for Mirza Aydin
- 6 Mar 25 trees for ALIX
- 2 Mar, Brussel 10 trees for Karen
- 1 Mar 50 trees for ISAAC
- 22 Feb, Wilrijk 65 trees for prof.dr.Patrick
- 18 Feb, Zoersel 5 trees for Jules
- 18 Feb, Zoersel 5 trees for Dries
- 18 Feb, Zoersel 5 trees for Finne
- 15 Feb, Antwerpen 25 trees for Dirk
- 13 Feb, Rome 5 trees for Pietro Paolo
- 8 Feb, Kortrijk 10 trees for Mia
- 8 Feb, Charleroi 10 trees for Geoffrey